Saturday 19 September 2015

My Top 3 Drugstore Foundations

 
I've always stuck to No7 foundation throughout my make up loving years however a few weeks ago I decided to give a selection of drugstore foundations a go to see if going for slightly cheaper alternatives made much of a difference. Turns out a few of these foundations actually work wonders on my skin so I've picked my top 3 from those I purchased to talk about.
 

http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-True-Match-Foundation_16049/
 
This is the lightest foundation of all 3 but provides a great, even coverage. The pigmentation isn't amazing but the texture and easy application makes it perfect for those confident days when you're skin is looking fresh and clear. I've been using this a lot throughout the summer because it allows your skin to breathe without moving or streaking on your face. The colour I have this foundation in is 'Ivory' which I've found is a great colour match for me. The foundation also has an SPF of 17 which is perfect for me! This foundation ticks all the boxes for a light, even and breathable foundation: providing what feels like a new top layer of skin that stays throughout the day without caking or slipping. It is also only £9.99 which is a great price for just how great this product looks and feels on the skin.
 
http://www.boots.com/en/Max-Factor-Face-Finity-All-Day-Flawless-3-in-1-Foundation_1279334/
 
This foundation is the smoothest foundation I've ever used! It is titled to be 'Primer, Concealer and Foundation in one' which I can absolutely believe, when putting it on it glides onto my skin as if I have a base of primer and covers the darker areas or blemishes on my skin perfectly. I purchased this foundation in the colour 'Beige 55'. This foundation would be perfect as a first foundation for people just getting into make up; the consistency is smooth yet buildable but not cakey or drying. This foundation offers a high SPF of 20 which is unusual with a lot of drug store foundations. This foundation is a great quality product for a fantastic price of £12.99.

http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Wake-Me-Up-Make-Up-Foundation-30ml_1246748/
 
 My favourite out of three has got to be this one: everything about it ticks all my personal boxes! The colour, coverage, staying power, breathability, SPF and even the smell! My colour is 010 Porcelain and I honestly cannot get enough of it! This foundation brightens my skin, covers all my dark circles and imperfections but isn't heavy or cakey. I feel like this is the only foundation of the three I can feel going onto my face but after a light powdering you can't feel it on your skin. I would recommend this foundation to anyone and at only £8.99 its a bargain!

 
Until next time, Toni. xo

2 comments:

  1. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating iit but, I'd like to send you an email.
    I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested
    in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.



    Visit my web site - Cheats For Rise Of Darkness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed. If you're on a computer/laptop etc there is a bar across the top just under my banner with the 'contact' tab including my email on the page. To access the page on a phone there is a bar at the top under my banner again saying 'Home' if you click the down arrow to can select a different page there x

      Delete