Wednesday 17 August 2016

Mac's Vanilla Pigment


Pigments don't get enough attention, it's all about pressed powders and creams at the moment but I cant help but love loose pigment. Mac's Vanilla Pigment is no exception to this love affair, this comes in as my no.1 favourite and in the summer is undoubtedly on my face everyday.

I tend to use this as a highlighter and trust me you DO NOT need a lot! A tiny spot of this on your cheek bone with a highlighter brush to blend and you are set to blind people all day long with the glow you'll be sporting. This is also absolutely unbeatable for highlighting on the cupids bow on your lip and tip of your nose, listen to me when I say you only need a TINY bit - this is a pigment and therefore clearly very pigmented, it goes a long way and this tiny tub will last you yonks!

Another use for this pigment is the inside corners of your eyes to brighten up any make up look. I especially love using this on a smokey darker look as this tiny pop in the corner opens up your eye so much. Alternatively, for festivals, concerts etc. you could really go to town with this pigment using it boldly on your eyes as well as a highlight to fully open up and brighten your face.

To apply this pigment I use the mac 228 brush. I actually have two of these brushes as I use one for the eyes and another to apply the highlight to make sure I don't get a random smokey contour transfer from my eye! Obviously I then blend with bigger brushes and add more when necessary but like I said with this pigment less is definitely more!

Do you use pigment? What do you use it for? What's your all time favourite one?

Until next time, Toni. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment