Thursday 11 August 2016

Beauty Blender: Tips & Tricks


Beauty blenders are great, they've basically found themselves in everyone's make up bag in the past year or two but I cant help feel they are being mistreated and therefore underappreciated so I wanted to share some of the best things you can do to and with your beauty blender to get the best results!

1. WET IT! Please, please, please, never use your beauty blender dry- it is going to absorb the product and leave you with a streaky face which is never a great look! On the back of the pack it says use dry for a full coverage but this never worked for me- it left my face more cakey and uneven. When I wet my sponge I completely soak it, warm water first allowing the sponge to fully expand then cold ready to use! As well as providing better results, you will find it so much easier to use: it literally doubles in size, covering more of your face in a shorter amount of time and leaves the product on your face, not in the sponge.

2. WASH IT! Along with wetting it to use, it needs to washed, you are putting makeup onto it everyday and just like your make up brushes, it needs to be washed. As the sponge is getting wet it will dry with the left over product and therefore slowly become rough and not as soft as when you originally bought it. I wash mine every 3 days at least to keep it smelling and feeling fresh. I find with the wetting, washing process a sponge will last me a much longer time than if I was to use it dry. I usually buy a new one every three months but when I used it dry had to buy a new one every month! When washing your sponge use an unscented bar of soap and rub thoroughly with warm water squeezing from flat edge to tip- this will remove product and leave it the original vibrant orange colour you bought it in.

3. PAT DON'T RUB! This adorable little sponge promises big things: 'miracle complexion', 'dewy glow' and biggest of all 'covers imperfections' but the only way you will achieve this is using it how it was designed to be used. After applying your product either directly to the sponge, back of your hand or even your face pat the product across your face quickly and lightly, don't pull it across your face with harsh strokes- it won't work! Using the repetitive patting motion will provide you with perfectly even coverage and an airbrushed finish.

Good luck using beauty blenders guys, let me know if you have any more tips or tricks for the perfect results from these little miracle sponges!

Until next time, Toni. xo

Beauty blender pictured: Real Techniques Base Sponge 

2 comments:

  1. I've actually never used a beauty blender! *hides face in shame* but I've been so happy with the results of my expert face brush I haven't bothered trying anything else. Think I may have to give it ago though and follow your tips :) thanks! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you liked this post! let me know how you get on! been absolutely loving your posts recently also, lots of love xo

      Delete