Saturday 10 January 2015

My Everyday Eye Make-Up.

I get asked a lot how I do my eyeliner and eye make up in general and it is a bit of a strange thing to explain so I thought I would just show you exactly how I do it. I'm no expert and I'm not saying this is the right or best way to do your make-up, this is just the way I do an easy, everyday look.
 
First I always make sure I have no product on my eye lid when I begin because I find that the makeup lasts longer on my eye when it is applied straight to clean and clear skin.
 

This is the eye liner I will be using throughout this demonstration for my winged eyeliner. It is called 'Stay Precise' Liquid Liner in the colour 'Black' by No.7.
 
 I will then draw a thin outline of the wing I want. I usually start with the bottom line, drawing from the corner of my eye, very slowly outwards and gradually upwards. For the top line I start from the middle of my eye and slowly upwards to the point of the bottom line.
 
 
 Then, still using the Stay Precise Liquid Liner I simply fill in the wing with single strokes going from my eye outwards until I am happy with how it looks. Note: it doesn't have to be perfect! There is plenty of time for touch ups.
 
 To complete the flick, I draw from the inside corner of my eye to the edge of the wing, adjusting the thickness as I go to make sure the lines match up.
 
I then go to eye shadow, using W7 In The Buff Palette starting with the colour 'Buff'.
 
 Following along the flick and going right up to the brow brown, I cover my eye lid with this colour as a base.
 

Still using the W7 Palette this time with a brush and the colour 'Chocolate'.
 
 I lightly brush this colour though my crease and upwards towards the brow bone, again using the flick as a guide. It is important to always take darker eye shadows upwards to avoid your eye looking droopy and small.
 
 Going onto the colour 'Storm' now, using a brush again to apply.
 
With a darker colour I find it easiest to apply it very gradually, blending as you go to make sure you get the look you want. I apply this half way along the flick line and upwards, still following the wing.
 
For just under my brow and on the brow bone, I use The Body Shop's Radiant Highlighter. 
 
You only need a very small amount of this as it spreads very well and gives a beautiful, bright shimmer. 
 
Next, onto No.7's Extreme Length Mascara in the colour 'Black'.
 
Applying this only to my top lashes, on both sides to build up layers and keep it lasting longer and giving the perfect length and volume to my lashes.
 
For my bottom liner I use Avon's Kohl Liner in the colour 'Black' which provides a long lasting pencil liner and smudge tool.
 
I apply the liner along my water line from corner to corner, smudging outwards into the wing and onto my bottom lash line.
 
Using the No.7 Extreme Length Mascara again, I apply lightly to my bottom lashes.
 
After touch ups this is my final look, easy, quick and still very effective!
 
 

 
Products used:
  • No.7's Stay Precise Liquid Liner in 'Black' [here]
  • W7's In The Buff Eye Shadow Palette [here]
  • The Body Shop's Radiant Highlighter [here]
  • No.7's Extreme Length Mascara in 'Black' [here]
  • Avon's Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in 'Black' [here]

 
Until next time, Toni. xo