Thursday 11 September 2014

Penguin Lovin'.

I recently went to my local zoo and went by to look into the penguin enclosure and had such a lovely view of a group of penguins up close and personal, literally! I had the opportunity to feed the penguins when they were all in the water and swimming, which was kind of gross (considering the food they eat are tiny dead fish) but also so much fun and definitely something to check off my bucket list. After they had been fed they got onto the rockery and I got some lovely pictures of a couple of penguins sitting with their partners and showing each other some love. It was great to witness this because, although you can see every documentary, cartoon film and picture of penguins cuddling each other and standing close together to keep warm, seeing it right in front of your eyes makes it all the more magical! This is a short post but I wanted to share these sweet pictures I took of my favourites from the enclosure.