Friday 29 July 2016

HAPPY NATIONAL LIPSTICK DAY!




Yes you read that right, national lipstick day is upon us so I've decided to share my favourite lipstick right now!

The lipstick I keep reaching for is Mac's 'Chatterbox' and I'm absolutely in love with it. This lipstick is not the typical matte formula I usually go for but this time is an 'amplified creme' and I think that's what is making this lipstick stand out from all others recently as it is a completely different texture and so comfortable to wear.

I think in the summer I try where possible to avoid matte as (although obviously it's staying power is better) it tends to dry out my lips which is what I'm trying to avoid in the summer sun. I've actually had this lipstick for quite a while and tested it out a few times but only recently have I been consistently using it without even a second thought to any others.

Pink is quite a daring colour for me and I usually stick to nudes and in winter dabble slightly with a red or dark purple but this is the first time I've honestly ever used a pink, ALL ON ITS OWN!

Although I don't cake it on, the colour is very pigmented and stands out a mile. It took me a long time to completely get used to and feel comfortable with the colour, but now I think it's nice to experiment more with brighter and more unusual colours and it's actually becoming some what of a trend! With Colour Pop and Kylie Cosmetics among many others bringing out green, blue and black lipsticks it seems the lipstick colour spectrum is endless!

What's the most daring lipstick colour you've worn? What's your favourite lipstick to wear in the summer? Do you have a dream colour you wish you could pull off?

Happy National Lipstick Day!!

Until next time, Toni. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment