Saturday 9 July 2016

My Top 3 Mascaras


I think its fair to say that without these mascaras I would be lost when it comes to my lashes as these are what I like to call my holy grail products.

On my top lashes I always love to go OTT on the mascara, using several coats to thicken and lengthen every lash. The bottom I keep simple but effective with evenly coated and separated lashes. I never curl my lashes as I'm lucky to have naturally curly hair and lashes but do coat the back and front evenly which I find helps to lengthen and thicken.

On the top: I always go in first with the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast HD Mascara all over the lashes; front and back, several times to build up length and initial volume. I find this mascara an absolute dream to use with a perfectly shaped brush, long wand and smooth consistency. I think this mascara is great on its own and does exactly what it says on the packet but for personal preference I bulk it up with more.
On top of the first few coats of Thick and Fast, while still slightly wet, I go in with the Benefit They're Real! mascara. This is where the volume starts to build! After a few coats on the back and front with this, my lashes are looking long, thick and evenly coated. However, I do find the benefit mascara to be slightly clumpy on the tips of my eye lashes so go back with the thinner brush from the Soap and Glory mascara to separate the lashes to finish. The benefit mascara is very fast drying which I love so I don't smudge or run any of the product.

On the bottom: My bottom lashes are much more simple than the top in that I use one product only and coat the top side. I don't use too much product as my lashes are fairy long and I try to avoid the spider leg-look! For this I use the Nars Audacious Mascara. This mascara comes with the most perfect sized brush for my bottom lashes with small, thin bristles and a short wand which allows me more control. With 2/3 even coats of this mascara on my bottom lashes I'm finally finished and left with long, thick and separated lashes on both top and bottom!

Until next time, Toni. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment