Monday 25 July 2016

Boats, Bridges & Blue Sky

 Recently myself and a few of my family members jumped on a boat in Stafford (Norbury Wharf) and slowly made our way down a river for around 8 hours, mowing up when we came across a nice pub, park or picnic space.

I really enjoyed a day away from fast paced and everyday life to just sit back and appreciate my surroundings and reflect on what is actually happening around me. I've always been a live in the moment kind of person where I enjoy what is happening right now and try not to worry what tomorrow will bring or what happened yesterday; but whilst I sat on the boat in the sunshine, with no phone signal and very little modern technology, I enjoyed thinking about what I have coming up and what I have been up to these past few months.

I've finished all of my college exams
Left college for good
Completed a level 2 IAG qualification
Bagged myself a new job
Nearly finished learning to drive
Been on holiday
Experienced a range of new things
Met so many new and amazing people
& had so much fun in the process!!

My day on the boat turned into one of the most relaxing and reflective days off I think I've ever taken, I think I'm slowly changing my 'living for the now' mindset and want to try and slow down every now and then to appreciate the whirl wind I can find myself in occasionally. I think its important to find the healthy balance in not obsessing over the past and future but also not ignoring them until they hit you in the moment.

Do you live for the now or think about tomorrow too much?

I'll leave you with some of my favourite pictures I took from the day.

Until next time, Toni. xo








No comments:

Post a Comment