Saturday 16 August 2014

Feeding Giraffes On Safari.


 
This was such an amazing experience! Not many people can say they can fed and stroked a giraffe but thank fully I am one of them. I recently had the fantastic opportunity to visit my local safari route and got the chance to feed giraffe. When we went into their enclosure/ field, I didn't think any of them would come over as the car was quite loud but to my absolute shock we were surrounded with about 4 giraffe looking for food.
We were told we would be allowed to feed them if they go close and were given some food they may like and some fruit for them also. When they came close to the car I immediately held out my hand  with some of the food and they came to it straight away, ever so gently taking the food from me and eating it in front of my eyes. When I had given them everything we had, they stayed surrounding the car and let me pat and stroke them which was honestly one of the best experiences I've ever had. If you ever get an amazing opportunity like this don't let it pass because it could turn into something you will remember forever.