Saturday 23 August 2014

Who Knew Birds Like Cameras?

Yesterday I visited a bird sanctuary not far from my house and found the most beautiful birds who, strangely, loved my camera! I found that when I would hold up my camera they instantly looked at it and posed the only way birds can: spreading their wings, staring into the lens and tilting their heads etc. and I was lucky enough to get some amazing shots!
 These are just a few of my favourites out of all the ones I took. The enclosures were all so open and clean it was a great experience to get close to the birds I such a great environment! The man showing us around the enclosures was so helpful and told us a lot about the birds, the bird below was a female and had only just arrived at the sanctuary but had settled in nicely. He also told us how parrots live on average to 100 years old! The parrot in my photo above is called 'Woody' and was only 1 so very much a baby!
 Funnily enough, the last and one of my favourite birds at the sanctuary was not a fan of my camera but I have included the picture anyway. I had such an amazing time coming close to hundreds of amazing birds and had the chance to hold and stroke them too!