Thursday 14 August 2014

Strawberry Picking.

 
If you have never gone strawberry picking, I highly recommend it! Not only is it so much fun and it feels so satisfying to pick your own fruit, but it is also a great thing to do with family and friends. I took my younger sister and she had so much fun exploring all the fruit and veg they had at the farm that we ended up picking baskets of plums, apples, blueberries and raspberries too! I got the chance to spend some quality time with my younger sister whilst teaching her about fresh and healthy food at the same time!
 
After we picked our fruit we went home to make smoothies with it all and we even gave some to our family who all had different ideas with what to do with it, for example: strawberries and cream dessert, jam, fruit salad, trifle etc. Everyone loved what they were able to do with the fruit and I know that we will be taking a big family trip to the farm soon to pick fruit and veg and even cook together as a family. We had a lot of fun and we will definitely go again, if you like fruit and veg and cooking with fresh ingredients and have not yet tried picking your own ingredients, go for it!